4 b-25's in KC

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
ghostrider

4 b-25's in KC

Post by ghostrider »

Hi all ,wanted all to know 4 b-25'sare due into KC on thur sept. 7th for the reunion of the 434th Squ. 12B.G. ships due in are Show Me;Pacific Prowler;Martha Jean;and Betty's Dream if you are in the area of the down town airport 10-2 on Sept. 7th
Greg Vallero

Post by Greg Vallero »

The Event In Kansas city went well, although "Martha Jean" cancelled, "Show Me!" broke and didn't make it, and "Betty's Dream" no-showed. "Pacific Prowler" made it, flown by Greg Vallero and Jim Terry. General Urschler was there with the CAF P-51 "Gunfighter". There was a good turn out of the Kansas City Bomber Builders, as well as the members, family and friends of the 434th Squadron, 12th Bomb Group. The interaction between the 'Builders and the "Earthquakers" was especially interesting and gratifying. Retired General William W. Wilcox who was C/O of the Group was in attendance, as well as his co-pilot Lloyd Lunger. Lloyd later became an aircraft commander. When Lloyd rotated back to the States, he became a B-25 instructor in LaJunta, Colorado. When it came time for then Lieutenant Colonel Wilcox to come home, he called his old friend Lloyd. When asked about the conditions at LaJunta, Loyd replied, "I've been here two months, and no one has shot at me yet!" Lieutenant Colonel Wilcox became the base C/O.