Tallmantz B-25 and A-26 cameraships

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
aerovin2
Site Admin

Tallmantz B-25 and A-26 cameraships

Post by aerovin2 »

As the Tallmantz section of the Aero Vintage website begins to "stand up," I have added the histories of each of the four camerships used by Tallmantz to this page: http://www.aerovintage.com/tallmantz.htm.

Check it out and please comment if this is going in a good way or not. This forum and website are not attracting a whole lot of attention so I need to spend my time wisely. I want the site to be useful, but I also want to sell some Aero Vintage books.

Is a Tallmantz dedicated area on this site worthwhile?

If a Tallmantz falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did it make a noise?
Craig59

Post by Craig59 »

This forum and website are not attracting a whole lot of attention...
Is a Tallmantz dedicated area on this site worthwhile?
Scott,

While the community that visits your site may indeed be "small" by whatever standards one wishes to apply, I would imagine we tend to be dedicated. Whereas the WIX site covers everything warbird related, yours concentrates on just a few types and predominately on the survivors. Nothing wrong with that. It's different and it's enjoyable.

A section dedicated to Tallmantz Aviation would be a unique addition. I for one would welcome insight into both gentlemen that perhaps can't be found in either Hollywood Pilot or Flying the Old Planes.

And if my thoughts can help sell a couple of books, let me say this. Anyone interested in either B-25 or B-17 survivors needs to have your books as an integral reference source in their library.

You're doing a great job. Keep it up!

Craig Thorson
DryMartini

My $.02

Post by DryMartini »

I think the new section is smashing!
There is a lot of potential there - many
facts and stories that would otherwise
remain obscure. I liked your story of
seeing the B-17 fly over. I'm looking
forward to the new additions.

-Bill