Tom Reilly Closing his museum..

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
ww2John

Tom Reilly Closing his museum..

Post by ww2John »

I heard from a reliable source yesterday that Tom Reilly will close his museum (Kissimmee, FL) over the next year or so and go to work for Don Brooks full-time to restore his "newest" B17 acquisition (from the lake) at Don's Douglas, GA base.

Having been in business myself for a number of years with all the attendant headaches, I can understand Tom's decision to close up his shop and concentrate full-time on what he obviously loves and does very well - restore warbirds to flight.

I will have to re-direct my southern Warbird aviation trips a little farther North, to Georgia, in the future.
ww2John
Chuck Gardner

Post by Chuck Gardner »

This is true and has been in the works for a while. Warbird Adventures is still in full operation and there are 7 P-51s, a Spit, and a P-40 on the field year round. FW-190 White 1 Foundation is one block down the street and there is always someone flying in as well.
In another year, there will be more warbirds at Kissimmee airport than have ever been based there before. There are big plans in the works. So please continue to visit us on your vacations.