Aero Vintage Updates Posted

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
aerovin2
Site Admin

Aero Vintage Updates Posted

Post by aerovin2 »

To those few dedicated individuals who peruse these pages, I just updated B-17 and B-25 info in numerous places, including an extensive bit of B-17 News. New Tallmantz stuff also.

Check it out: http://www.aerovintage.com

And, thanks for listening.
Craig59

Post by Craig59 »

And, finally, it should be noted that the stocks of that fine B-17 book Final Cut are drawing down, and the 1st revised edition will soon follow the path of the original edition...

...how about a 2nd revised edition, say, to bring the book up to date and move it from the dawn of the new century (2000) to the, well, I guess, just past the dawn of the new century, maybe 2009?

Preliminary looks at the price of producing another edition suggest it will come in at at least $24.95...and, if a revised edition comes forth, it will be expanded and updated...
Scott,

As always, thanks for the update. My original edition of Final Cut is frayed and I would welcome an updated replacement. That's one sale! Then of course - in your free time - B-25 Mitchell in Civil Service is, after all, more than a decade old you know...

BTW - Did you ever recieve my messaged response to your query about my flying out of SNA in the '70's? Just wondering.

Craig
aerovin2
Site Admin

Post by aerovin2 »

Craig,

I think I did get the message and thought I responded to it. I apologize if I didn't but can you resend it? I can't find it in my inbox. I spent a lot of time at SNA in the 1970s.
Craig59

Post by Craig59 »

Scott,

You have PM.
Cheers!

Craig
hang the expense

Update

Post by hang the expense »

Hey Scott, Hell of a job on the update.WOW,just wow.
HANG THE EXPENSE
Chris Brame

Post by Chris Brame »

Thanks for the update, Scott!

The eighth photo in the new gallery of Frank Pine in the A-26 was probably shot during the filming of the uncompleted Whistler's Mother movie. The way I heard it, there was a lot of second-unit footage of the plane shot before the project was abandoned.

Did you buy the SF Chronicle photo of the Tells Peak B-17C from eBay? I saved the auction image if you'd like me to post it.
aerovin2
Site Admin

Post by aerovin2 »

Chris,

Thanks for the A-26 info...it's updated on that page now. I forgot to include the Tell's Peak photo in the update...if you don't mind, go ahead and post it here. I'll catch up, someday.

Thanks.
Chris Brame

Post by Chris Brame »

One Tells Peak B-17C coming up:

Like I said, this has been heavily retouched - too bad the original wasn't available.
DIK SHEPHERD

Post by DIK SHEPHERD »

I find it interesting that no one has commented on the props of the four 1820s on 44-85813 being Curtiss instead of Ham-Standards. 8)
DryMartini

Hi Dik!

Post by DryMartini »

Good to see you are OK.

To answer your question,
it just seems natural that a B-17 flown by Wright
would have Curtiss-Wright Electric props, doesn't it?
-Bill
B-17E 41-2595 "Desert Rat" Restoration Team