Any new books coming from Aerovintage?

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
DryMartini

Any new books coming from Aerovintage?

Post by DryMartini »

Scott,

What do you have in the works?

I know several people have told Mike that
he should write a book about his B-17 efforts.
Would something like that actually sell?

:-)
-Bill
B-17E 41-2595 "Desert Rat" Restoration Team
aerovin2
Site Admin

Post by aerovin2 »

Bill,

Thanks for asking. Not much firm in the book department yet. The A-20 book took 2 years and I'm trying to avoid too much of a commitment. They're not exactly beating down my door with offers either. But I am doing some articles for FlyPast and have a few other similar projects in the works.

I'm toying with a book idea with the working title: Hollywood Pilots: Paul Mantz, Frank Tallman, and the Story of Tallmantz Aviation. There is a good book there with the right perspective, and there is a fair amount of material out there, much of which I already have in my files. I'm not sure if a publisher would go for it, so I shall think on it for a spell. We shall see.

As for a book by Mike about the B-17E, if it was done right it would sell some books. It is hard to work a deal, though, to get good distribution. There's alot of aviation books out there, many of which are picture books which seem to sell better but don't have much to them.

Again, thanks for asking, though.