B-17G 44-84814 to Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
aerovin2
Site Admin

B-17G 44-84814 to Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum

Post by aerovin2 »

Word on the street (I love writing that) is that the NASM is going to permanently transfer B-17G 44-83814 to the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum at Savannah, Georgia, for display. The museum has long sought a B-17 for display and the NASM has held this one in storage for two decades. It is excess as another B-17G, this from the NMUSAF, will be moved to the NASM in a few years after the Memphis Belle is restored.
hang the expense

Post by hang the expense »

This is great news.Very lucky as B-17s just dont come available everyday.Anyone have any pics of it when it flew in to Dulles? I would like to know what it needs to be put back in MILSPEC.
HANG THE EXPENSE
DIK SHEPHERD

Post by DIK SHEPHERD »

The most obvious answer to Hang's question is - MONEY :lol: 8)
hang the expense

Post by hang the expense »

Hello Dik,How are you doing?Well,I hope.Money,money,money.I hope they dont go with glass parts. :roll:
HANG THE EXPENSE
DIK SHEPHERD

Post by DIK SHEPHERD »

Hi to all:

I'm doing better, and thanks to everyone for thinking about me.

Had my last (I hope) operation a few weeks ago (they reinstalled my small intestines), and had the staples pulled out about a week ago.

I guess I can call myself a cancer survivor now, although it's something no one really wants to call themselves. And there's always the chance that it could come back somewhere else.

But I must tell all of you, know what's happening with yourself. Go to any good web site (WebMD is a good one) and read what to look for, I had colon cancer. For me there was never any pain, and I suspect that if there had been it would have probably been too late to do anything about it.

Since I've never smoked, don't drink, and never did drugs, if I can get it anyone can.

So check yourselves, care about yourselves, and take care of yourselves. The things I've had to do and put up with these past few months SUCK BIGTIME. And I didn't even have to do chemo or radiation.

Surmon over. 8)