PC-WIX TURDS

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
DIK SHEPHERD

PC-WIX TURDS

Post by DIK SHEPHERD »

Well, fellow Americans, it appears that the turds at the PC-WIX site have finally become totally ANTI-AMERICAN (they must be dumbocrates).

They obviously don't believe in FREE SPEECH, because they love to block people from expressing any opinions that they don't like.

And now they obviously don't believe in FREEDOM OF INFORMATION and are actively blocking people from even reading their (often laughably stupid) postings.

Let us all raise our arms and salute. 8) :lol:
Craig59

Post by Craig59 »

Chill out. Their server appears to be down. Quote from another forum:

"Basically, the entire WRG is having problems. So the host company locked the site because "it makes the server busy." Scott and crew are working to resolve the problem. And no, there wasn't a mass banning, that's just an error page."
Cheers!

Craig
ww2John

Post by ww2John »

Craig59
Many thanks for clearing that up.
I thought I had been a bad boy or sumpin'.
:shock: :( :roll: :oops: :-x :?
Hope that Scott and the gang can resolve the problems quickly.
ww2John
VCS1

Post by VCS1 »

The "spammer" must have struck again!! Seriously, I thought my home PC had a bad connection until I tried on wife's computer and got the same response. I am a fan of both the WIX and the Aero Vintage web sites (my wife enjoys TMZ, go figure!!) Hope all is resolved soon. :shock:
hang the expense

ban

Post by hang the expense »

I just thought that muddyboots had a hissyfit and got all the conservatives banned.I can and am a tactless bastard at times.Well most of the time anyway. :lol:
HANG THE EXPENSE
gary1954

Post by gary1954 »

Actually Dik, "Free Speech" pretains only to the Governing entity, where the peoples "Right" to "Free Speech" shall not be infringed. It is a misnomer, where people believe they can say what they want, when they want, and where they want, about "anything", when it actually applies only to and about the government. In the workplace, or businesses, the private sector can enforce just about anything they want.
Gary
" Never in the history of mankind have so many owed so much to so few." Sir Winston Churchill
jpeters

Post by jpeters »

I noticed the thread about the server being down and all of the a-holes who sent nasty PM's to Scott about about it.

It appears things haven't changed since I left WIX over a year ago. It's unfortunate that a few jerks have to ruin such a wonderful website. I think it's time Scott starts banning some of these clowns!

John
gary1954

Post by gary1954 »

jpeters, people are going to be people, and are irrational when they can have what they want when they want it. I just consider the sore-ess and ignore it.
Sure hope Dik has a better day.
Gary
" Never in the history of mankind have so many owed so much to so few." Sir Winston Churchill
jpeters

Post by jpeters »

gary1954 wrote:jpeters, people are going to be people, and are irrational when they can have what they want when they want it. I just consider the sore-ess and ignore it.
Sure hope Dik has a better day.
I agree Gary. Unfortunately a few of these trouble makers have turned off a number of people from WIX. At times I couldn't tell if I was on WIX or on the Flypast forum with all the flaming and pissing contests going on.

Over the past year a number of WIX members have told me that they have severely cut back on posting or have stopped posting alltogether because of about a half dozen irrational morons.

I still think WIX is a great site and is a wealth of information. Scott is a busy man and does the best he can when problems arise. I just wish he would get a bit tougher on some of habitual "problem children" who feel the need to bash others that don't agree with them or who aren't as knowledgeable on some topics.

Post by Guest »

sooo....... i guess youre feeling better then, eh dik?? couple of new duracells and youre out of the gate! :roll:
Nathan Milarta

Post by Nathan Milarta »

n/t
Last edited by Nathan Milarta on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary1954

Post by gary1954 »

Dik may be a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Opinionated? Sure. Expressive? Sure.
Knowledge of Aviation related information? Vast is an understatement.
Gary

Post by Guest »

well then, maybe if he could learn to play nice with others we could all enjoy his vast knowledge and great pics! unfortunately he has chosen another path, and we are all the less informed because of it. too bad really. but he has crossed the line too many times for my liking.
hang the expense

Dik

Post by hang the expense »

I hope you are well Dik,Happy New Year.
HANG THE EXPENSE
gary1954

Post by gary1954 »

Opinions are like belly buttons, most every body has one....Some things ya just gotta let slide, be like a bambooooo an bend with the wind....like water on a ducks back....consider the source and ignore it.
Many have crossed lines before, and will continue to do so. Thing is, always wear a poker face, state your offense level, and move on.
By batteling back and forth, no one wins in some of these sensitive issues which I refuse to discuss in the forum.
Ignoring an improper comment, causes the comment and opinion to wither on the vine. it is up to the moderator to delete the traffic.
Gary