FOUND HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
terveurn

FOUND HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by terveurn »

44-6393 Reference with 15th AF - HQ

Confirms she was a 15th AF aircraft.

First notice - was assigned as a courier aircraft / transport transporting officers to Sofia.

Sofia HQ coordinated with the Russians as well as sending in OSS behind the Russian lines
44-6393 BB.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmkendall

Re: FOUND HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jmkendall »

Fantastic! Great Job!

AS a tongue in cheek comment; legally speaking if the "secret" has not been lined out with an authenticator it is still technically secret. I DO have a secret clearance....

I want to make sure that everyone knows I"m joking; for the most part!!!

20 years ago I was closing down the old Bencia Arsenal and came across a file cabinet of documents and pictures labeled Secret and above. I was going to turn them over to a military museum when I was told quite forefully that even though none of those docs was from later than 1953 and the earliest was from 1937, none of them could be given away till they were declassified. As far as I know, they are still sitting in storage at Roseville, unless someone just destroyed them.

Seriously though, Great job!
terveurn

Re: FOUND HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by terveurn »

and the real pisser is the S-3 logs for November 1944 are missing from the 15th AF CD's (along with almost 90% of November 1944's combat records).

The S-3 logs would have shown who was on board, and serial numbers for all of these flights

I really want a time machine, I want to go back to who ever put these files together and wring their scrawny necks - god I hate these records (seriously who in their right mind needs 100 pages on VD records and only a single page on aviation operations for a bomb group)