The Swoose

Post here with anything to do with warbirds, those fine vintage flying machines.
varsity07840

The Swoose

Post by varsity07840 »

I just read that the AF Museum has decided to restore the Swoose in its final, transport configuration. What a disappointment. this aircraft is getting shrift compared the the more glamorous "Belle" but is just as if not more historically than the B-17F. What a cop out.
Duane
terveurn

Re: The Swoose

Post by terveurn »

varsity07840 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:42 pm I just read that the AF Museum has decided to restore the Swoose in its final, transport configuration. What a disappointment. this aircraft is getting shrift compared the the more glamorous "Belle" but is just as if not more historically than the B-17F. What a cop out.
Knowing the Air Farce Museum " Ole Betsy " will be sitting another 15-years awaiting restoration before being transferred to yet another museum.

The AFM spent the past years finding and having built the necessary parts for the bomber confirguration, only to go into this direction; Wonder if it was a political decision with this B-17 history with LBJ
varsity07840

Re: The Swoose

Post by varsity07840 »

I seriously doubt there is any concern about the LBJ connection.
Duane