B-17 Parts Wanted - Australia

A marketplace of B-17 parts...where to find them, where to sell them, where to trade them, where to build them.
warbirdcrazy

Re: B-17 Parts Wanted - Australia

Post by warbirdcrazy »

Peter,

As scarce as B-17 airframe parts are, i.e. wings, fuselage, etc, you will in all likelihood be faced with having to put together an airplane using major components from several airframes and these would probably be in very rough condition in need of a lot of structural parts. We are in the process of restoring our B-17 G 44-85790 The Lacey Lady. We have collaborated with other B-17 groups to obtain needed structural parts that have to be manufactured. By doing larger runs of components it helps keep the cost down for all involved. Are you interested in getting in on this?

Sean
Director of operations
Lacey Lady
woodley

Post by woodley »

I appreciate the advice and offer but figure unless I can achieve a given level of parts (that is an amount of parts that justify to me further consideration and investment) then I will focus on
obtaining what I can in smaller managable sections. I have progressed the project to the point of now being in a position to negotiate a trade for some "hard to get" parts but will certainly let this group know when I have these items in my possession.

If anyone is looking for 6507-A-O props I have both used and NOS for sale or trade.

Peter
DryMartini

Post by DryMartini »

Peter,

I am interested to know just what you have.
Being someone who has run extrusions and
material for the B-17 fuselage, and trying to
build my own, I understand the allure of having
props, wheels, and other equipment. But, if
you don't have a plane to put it all in, well....

Shoot me an email, and let's see how the
"B-17 Bomber Alliance" can help out.
As for the 6507s - I need the toothpick props....
-Bill
B-17E 41-2595 "Desert Rat" Restoration Team
woodley

Post by woodley »

Hi All

the B-17 wing attach bracket I have - as per above pic - is now for sale.

As I understand, it is for an early D or E type. I'm focussing on the F series. So if there is an interested party drop me a line

and I can send more pics and details. Would love to see it go into a resto project.

Peter
ballturret

Post by ballturret »

Have you ever thought about going after the B17 wreck at black cat pass?......I reckon that would make a fantastic restoration project? :)
warbirdcrazy

Post by warbirdcrazy »

All it takes is money, and lots of it.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Peter,

How is the parts chasing going, gave you any updates?

Cheers

Dave
Dave
woodley

Post by woodley »

Hi all

an quick update on some items we have recovered, traded or purchased. More to come over the next few months with several wreck sites to be investigated here in Australia.

these include D, E and F model B-17's. Will provide more as each site survey is completed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.