AERO VINTAGE BOOKS
Other Great Aviation Sites
See our pages of dedicated B-17 Links and B-25 Links.
(Links updated on June 7, 2012)
- Fly Past magazine
- The Air Museum/Planes of Fame
- Warbird Information Exchange
- Accident-Report.com: An excellent site that provides research resources for military records, including those for crewmembers, units, and aircraft.
- Aerofiles: The premier source of American aircraft data, including specifications and registration information, and more.
- AeroLink: The Global Aviation Infosource.
- Airic's Aviation Photography From Ontario and Northeastern States: Eric Dumigan's personal site loaded with vintage aviation photography.
- Airline-Models: A French website offering high quality airline models.
- Airmen.Com: A website offering a large listing of aviation links and a special email address for pilots.
- Airliners.Net: A site dedicated primarily to airline photos but many many vintage aircraft types also. Excellent selection of varied photos.
- Airline Crash Database: Perhaps a bit morbid, but an excellent database source for commercial crash information dating to 1920.
- Aircraft Fotoimages: A selection of aircraft photos for sale; also, an aircraft identification quiz.
- American Aviation Historical Society: The site for the historical society and its excellent Journal.
- Association of Transport Photographers and Historians: A source for classic black and white photos of world-wide aviation subjects, with over 300,000 images on file.
- Aviation Archeology Investigation and Research: A nice site devoted to aviation archeology, including many crash site details and research tools.
- Joe Baugher's Home Page: An excellent military aircraft serial number resource with other "goodies."
- Check-Six: A site offering unique collectibles and history. Also, information about some California crash sites, an Aero Store, news, and a pilot's lounge with some interesting material.
- Classic Wings: One of the best warbird magazines around, concentrating on the New Zealand and 'down under' scene but stuff about 'up over' also. Good book reviews, too.
- Eagle Field: Site for the historical Eagle Field Museum located at Los Banos, California.
- EAA: Web site for the Experimental Aircraft Association.
- FlyPast Magazine: One of the best vintage aviation magazines available.
- CAA DC-3 NC206 Crash Site: A page with information about the crash of a CAA DC-3 in January 1948 at Navajo Peak, Colorado.
- Great Aviation Quotes: Dave English's collection of aviation and space related quotations.
- Historical Navy Airplane Pictures: Collection of over 320 Vintage Navy photographs taken before WWII; many airplane pictures, airplane crash pictures, and US Navy Aircraft Carriers.
- Just Kits and Models: UK based Just Kits & Models provides plastic kits and plastic model kits which mainly include plastic aircraft model, plastic vehicle models, plastic ship models, military vehicles model, military figures, maritime vessels and dioramas. Good stock of aircraft kits, ship kits, boat kits and road vechicle kits like car model kits, lorries model kits, motorbikes model kits.
- Kilroy Was Here: Remembering the war years.
- Landings: One of the most comphrensive aviation sites, including search engines and current news.
- MAPS Air Museum: Site for the Military Aviation Preservation Society (MAPS) and their growing museum at the Akron-Canton Regional Airport in Ohio.
- Model Aces: Professionally built scale model airplane replicas. Specializing in WWII military aircraft - 1/32 and 1/48 scale - these museum display quality models have outstanding detail.
- "Navy VP"-U.S. Navy Patrol Squadrons: Dedicated to the men and women of the United States Navy flying "ASW" (VP/VPB) Patrol Aircraft (past and present). Now even has some material about the PB-1W. Great site.
- Pilots-log.com: Podcasts and good stuff about airshows and airplanes.
- Pilot Portal: Pilot Weather Briefing, Flight Schools USA, Aviation Directory.
- Procockpits.Com: Advance flight concepts for the General Aviation pilot.
- Prop-Liners of America: Site for Prop-Liners of America, a volunteer organization to promote the restoration, exhibition and display of propeller driven airliners at airshows and open houses throughout the continental United States.
- Twin Beech.com: For all those fans of the good old Twin Beech, a.k.a Beech 18, C-45, SNB, etc. Based at Stockton, California, the company is actually more than just Twin Beeches but that's a good place to start. Also, information about a Central California vintage group, the World War II Warbird group that meets every other month.
- UK Airport News: uk-airport-news.info is the UK's first and only complete UK airport news website.
- US Warplanes.net: A reference guide to the designations and serial numbers of the definitive World War II, post World War II and present day aircraft of the US Armed Forces, by Simon Beck.
- Warbird Digest: Homepage of a great new quarterly aviation journal dedicated to the world of warbirds.
- The Willie Victor Page: A site dedicated to the Lockheed WV-1 Warning Star.
- Wreckchasing: An interesting site dedicated to the art of Wreck Chasing-researching and locating old aircraft crash sites, with books and other resources available (Yo, Nick!).
- X-Planes: Site of HPM Publications, specializing in the documentation of experimental aircraft, from the X-2 to the Soviet Space Shuttle.
For other books not available from Aero Vintage Books, check out Amazon.com.